Tests on Rails¶
- Table of contents
- Tests on Rails
Main features of Tests on Rails:
- Tests edition with wiki syntax edition style.
- User with login to protect the application access with several roles.
- Exam generation to print or to be run by candidates via web. The results will be stored to be used by the examiners.
- Questions can be categorized.
- Every question has details:
- Creation and update dates.
- Statistics about the answers on exams.
- The application has a settings view to customize it.
Editing a question with wiki syntax:
Question is shown with colors and code style, with several details on the right:
Questions can be categorized:
An exam is a list of questions, with navigation along the questions:
Users and security¶
The application is protected by a login system:
Users can be added easily:
The settings can be edited from the application itself:
It's just a Ruby on Rails (Ruby on Rails installation is not explaned here) application, download it and then:
- Generate a
config/database.yml(one example is provided).
- Configure unicorn to serve the application on
config/unicorn.conf.rb(one example is provided).
- Create and migrate database:
rake db:create rake db:migrate
- Run the unicorn server:
unicorn_rails -p 3000
A default user
admin is created with password